Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Fiona the Ogre Princess




I started this quilt a few months ago. The block is from Sweetwater's book The Simple Home.  I tweaked it a bit and set it on point, and I really liked how it looked.  Then I decided to make a quilt with it.  I made one in the "lap size" range and looked at it and thought, "she wants to be bigger."  So, I added a few more blocks and looked at the twin size version and thought, "she wants to be even bigger still."  So, with some trepidation, I forged ahead and she grew and grew. Until....




I had to push together the twin beds in our guest room to create a place where she can rest comfortably. I've named her Fiona after the princess ogre in Shrek, and yesterday

 I packed her off to Tia who is going to quilt her with beautiful a Welsh motif which I think is more than fitting for an ogre princess.
In the meantime I am preparing Fiona's room for her.  She will have a new slipcover for her headboard



and a coordinating bedskirt.

And pillows. Lots of pillows.


And when it's all done, I might just pack up and move in there myself!

3 comments:

  1. I have to say that the larger size really shows off the pattern. i will be looking forward to seeing her all quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are having too much fun!! JK! This quilt is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popping over from the Small Blog Meet...love your quilt (I pretty much love anything Sweetwater!). It will be fun to see it quilted. And that pillow is great!

    ReplyDelete