Saturday, June 23, 2012

On My Walk

Every morning, no matter what the weather, I walk with my pups, Mrs. Beasley and Charlie Bucket. That's Bea and Charlie to you.

That's Charlie on the left, Bea on the right.
On the rare occasion that we can't go because the snow is over their heads, or there is just too much rain, we are all very sad.


A few years back, the farmer who owned the property behind our house passed away leaving no relatives.  Our town fathers, in a stroke of brilliance, aligned with the Nature Conservancy to purchase the land and create a park. In a second stroke of brilliance, they decided to make the park dog friendly, which means no leashes are required.  The rules are simple. Clean up after yourself, and keep your dogs under control. "Control" is rather loosely defined, as "play nice." By and large it all works really really well, and the extra added bonus is I can walk with my favorite four leggeds out my back door into 100 acres of iconic Ohio beauty each and every day.

Here is what we saw today.



Amber Waves of Grain


"Don't mind me, ma'am. I'm just passing through!"
I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and can get outside to see the iconic beauty in your neck of the woods!

Mary

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! I love the play of light and shadow on the flower.

    ReplyDelete